Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The rocky road to beginnings: HAS DAY out of the gate.

So I thought I'd use the short hand of HAS DAY (Whatever day it is.) and just post it as HD:3 (Meaning HAS DAY 3, for day 3.. this blog being day 3's post.). For those that don't already know about HD, its 365 days of daily art posts with the goal being to free myself of a day job, of working for others. To be working on my own comics, my podcast, my own art videos, and illustrations full time!

So far I've delivered (and coming in the next batch of days)...

HD 1: Terra commission pt 1 video.
HD 2: Independent Road podcast, episode 94: Javier Hernandez pt.2
HD 3: New blog post! ...The rocky road to beginnings.
HD 4: Sketch card. (Daenerys Targaryen.)
HD 5: NEON EDEN pg. 2
HD 6: Terra commission pt 2 video.
HD 7: Bright Eyes pg. 2

The latest: short version, I recently left my day job (that I only had for just over a month.) A good reason is because in the end I got nothing else done during pretty much my whole time there, no comic work, or art, or blogs here. Not that I'll remain without one, in fact I return to job search tomorrow (with at least until next week to rest and catch up on what I'm doing.)
 I (well, Lisa & I ...and our 3 cats.) need a steady paycheck. What I pull in with my art right now isn't steady or enough... but the hope is that by my steady flow of posts and working towards completing a few projects along the way I'll be able to get my business end set up right!

I recently ordered a copy of Manga Studio 5 to help with my comic pages. Its going to be a whole new learning curve but I'll be able to use just one program to letter my comics, make adjustments to the art (still going to pencil and ink traditionally), and eventually color the pages too! I'm excited though I don't expect it to happen over night.


These past few days I've been feeling blah, recovering from the day job.. even a little sick maybe (bit of a stomach ache.) so rest has been more of a priority then keeping on top of my new project, though the goal remains.

Here's hoping the next few days go well and that I'll be more on top of HD next week.

Slowly Forward, Ever Onward!
Peter.

No comments: